UPDATED SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (updated 22/05/19)
When submitting your work for consideration, please follow our updated submission guidelines:
1) Attach your piece(s) as a Word document.
For submissions to The Purple Breakfast Review: If you are submitting more than one piece - whether prose or poetry - please submit as multiple documents. We accept up to three prose submissions and up to five poetry submissions per writer.
For submissions to our online ‘zine, Freckled Ink: If you are submitting more than one piece - whether prose or poetry - please submit as multiple documents. We accept up to three prose submissions and up to five poetry submissions per writer.
For poetry pamphlet submissions: please send a selection of six poems from your collection within one word document to be considered. You may indicate in your email should you have more poems written for your collection.
2) Individual pieces should be no longer than 2000 words (prose) and six pages (equivalent of 1800 words) of poetry.
3) please Name your file:
For submissions to The Purple Breakfast Review: ‘Author Name - title - PBR8 Submission’.
For submissions to Freckled Ink: ‘Author Name - title - Freckled Ink’.
For poetry pamphlet submissions: ‘Author Name - Collection Title - Poetry Pamphlet’.
4) Please present your writing in a sensible, easy-to-read font, in size 12pt.
Examples of easy-to-read fonts include: Times New Roman, Calibri and Arial.
5) Place the title of your manuscript/poetry collection in the header of your document.
6) PLEASE NOTE: The title of your piece should not include any of the words from the theme.
For example, for Issue 8 of The Purple Brekafast Review, pieces were called something more than or different to ‘Nightmares and / or Daydreams’.